Memories Without Borders is a community organization for the Hungarian-Jewish Diaspora. The Association operates through its Ambassadors in many countries and cities around the world, with its centre established in Toronto, Canada.
The Aims of the Foundation:
- To actively promote community life among Jewish people from Hungarian speaking regions, who now live abroad, to preserve Hungarian and Jewish cultural heritage, and nurture these traditions.
- To engage those people and groups with Hungarian-Jewish heritage, who have not been members of the local Hungarian community but are interested in Hungarian language and culture.
- To facilitate the flow of information and communication between Hungarian and Jewish organizations, and to invigorate local Hungarian-Jewish culture and religious life.
- Building a continuous supportive presence in most countries with a substantial Hungarian-Jewish minority
The Duties of the Foundation:
- Community Building and Organization Development
- Social Sciences Research
- Cooperation with researchers and research organizations in the Diaspora
- Organizing educational and school programs
- Organizing cultural and traditional events
- Operating a Virtual Repository of Cultural Memories, and preserving the cultural heritage
- Virtual Hungarian-Jewish Museum
- Virtual Wall of Memories – for those who are no longer with us
- Coordinating social services
- Operating a Hungarian online community website and newsletter service
- Establishing an Information Centre
- Establishing a Memories Award – “For the Hungarian Jewish Diaspora”
- To be presented each year to a person whose contributions or achievements are deemed worthy by our organization’s Board of Trustees.